Since arriving back to Marigot Bay on the French side of St. Martin, we have been more diligent about our daily school routine. There are lots of kids around, so after school, we are usually swimming and hanging out with friends.
 |
| Wavey working aloft |
Jeff from So Blessed was great in taking the kids "surfing" on Malea's surfboard. The kids had trouble getting to standing as it was their first time. Malea is quite a pro!
 |
| Malea making it look easy |
One afternoon before Easter, we popped over to Explorer Island (small uninhabited islet in the Lagoon), and saw some families decorating Easter eggs. They invited us to join in.
 |
| Egg decorating on Explorer Island |
 |
| Our friend Shera from So Blessed |
 |
| Erica (Mom of three, who organized egg decorating) from Sea Schell |
 |
| Artful eggs |
We returned to Explorer Island a few days later when we were invited to a birthday party for Ayla aboard Sea Schell, who was turning 14 years old. There were several families, lots of treats, a bonfire, and an island to run and roam. It was fun to meet lots of cruising families.
 |
| Beginning the egg hunt |
 |
| Easter waffles |
On Easter Monday, we got up early, grabbed our masks and snorkels, and headed to the Little Divi Beach Resort for their annual underwater Easter Egg hunt. We arrived just in time to see organizers sending about 1250 hard-boiled eggs to the depths of 3 to 13 feet. There were about 200 people collecting in the water, plus lots of spectators cheering.
Here is Wavey's account of the day:
I was just about knee deep in the water when I heard someone say into a microphone, "Get ready ! "I then dove into the crystal clear water. The water was cool but not cold. I stood up (now about chest deep) just in time to hear the sound of a woman saying, "GO!" I pushed off the sand swimming with all my might. I saw a cluster of eggs on the sandy bottom of the ocean. I swam down to grab them. "Great!" I thought. I swam around looking for more. The underwater photographer took a lot of great photos of me too. I came out to exchange the eggs for tickets about three times.
After all the eggs were found everyone came out with their final collection and traded them for tickets and the second phase of excitement began! All kinds of prizes were won, including a two night stay at the resort, a GoPro Hero 5, and lots of coupons for all different things! We won: a two tank dive at The Scuba Fun Shop, a gift certificate for a local German restaurant, and one free yoga class at the Joga studio. We also won a t-shirt, some stickers, three free sailing lesson coupons, and a pin. I had a great time at the Little Divi Bay Resort!!
 |
| Getting ready for the hunt |
 |
| Simon and Wavey joining the 200 people getting ready to dive for eggs |
 |
| Ready, set... |
 |
| First bag of eggs |
 |
| On the way to cash in the eggs for tickets - they got about 35 in all |
 |
| Little Divi Beach Resort near Philipsburg |
We hope everyone had a great Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment