Wednesday, 18 January 2017

Day 4 at Sea

Good morning from 23 46.423 N and 063 28.73 W!

We are enjoying another gorgeous North Atlantic day. Our winds continue to be great - between 15 -20 knots from the NE. We have been sailing non-stop at about 7 knots. The skies have been clear and the seas have not been too lumpy. We have about 330 miles to go.

Last night I had the good fortune of being on watch when the moon rose across the starlit sky, and at dawn when the sun rose. Both wondrous sights I never get tired of seeing.

We had breakfast in the cockpit this morning, followed by dancing and singing (phys-ed) for an hour. Simon just put out the fishing rod for the first time. I hope lunch arrives soon!

The crew are doing well. Simon and Wavey manage to keep themselves busy while John and I take turns with watches and sleep. I am amazed at how resilient and adaptable the kids are to this environment.

Have a great day.

Cheers,
Kathryn and Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment